Tuesday 22 October 2013

22 custom




It is our custom to sit together each morning.
Practice makes perfect company.




























page 31 word 22 custom
Nellie, letters from Africa
Elspeth Huxley

Remember I was talking about those few accounts of women's lives that I would read and re-read? I don't know how many times I've returned with love to this wonderful recounting of the liife of Elspeth Huxley's extraordinary mother and her life in Kenya. And when I think I just can't do something, or I can't go on or can't face something and it's because I'm too old, I recall Nellie. Her life, all of it, has been such an inspiration to me because however tough things can be in this world today, she and women like her had it much tougher, yet never lost that enthusiasm for a new challenge, a new adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment