Wednesday 9 October 2013

9 breakfast

While watching and not appreciating The Prince of Tides, my mother remarked that a film hadn't been made that was worth watching since Breakfast at Tiffany's. She couldn't grasp that some scenes were flashbacks - no visual clues -  and this was the first time that I really understood what the language of film means and how that language changes and evolves exactly as our spoken and written language evolves.



Page 31 word 9
Breakfast
Two Tramps
Amy Le Feuvre

And with all of the interconnectedness that I now realise weaves us all together, this word came from one of my mother's favourite books when she was a young girl. She was a voracious reader all of her life and I doubt that she ever re-visited this rather preachy tale, but she kept it all her life and I feel obliged to do the same, for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment